Didaktikos

On Tuesday we had the Interschool Cross Country at Victoria Park. Our school did so well that we won the whole competition. Here are some comments from some of the runners from our class.

Jamie: Race day was really tough. All the different schools came together to race. I could see that the other runners were really competitive. When we were coming to the finish line I had two little battles. One battle was with a boy from North Street School. He tried to pass me but I sprinted him off. The last battle was with a boy whom I have never beaten before. I felt that I still had energy inside of me to beat him so I went for it and beat him to come second overall.

Layton: It was really hard during the race. People kept on passing me and I kept on passing them. The ground conditions were really slippery and muddy and it made it difficult to run. But eventually I overcame all of those things to come sixth overall for the year 4 boys.

Thomas: At the start of the race I felt really nervous and I ended up missing the start gun. I had a false start and when I was backing up to get ready to run the lady pressed the hootter button for everyone to go. When I ran through the bridge I got really muddy because I stepped in the middle of the mud puddle and it was really deep. Somebody almost tripped me up because he fell over in front of me when we were running down the hill. But I got eighth equal overall.

Chris: It was really awesome being there because it was funny watching people fall over in the mud. I enjoyed it.

0 Responses

Post a Comment