Didaktikos

It was a fight of epic proportions that failed to disappoint. No matter what the opinions were of either fighter about how well or otherwise they would do on the night, it finally come down to the two of them settling it in the ring. I have to admit I was in Cameron's corner and with anticipation I fully expected a very clever and clinical fight from him that would take him to victory. However it was sorely compromised by an aggressive Tua who came out like a pouncing tiger and dispatched Cameron early in the second round. For all intents and purposes Cameron was measured by Tua, (who has fought against the world's best Lennox Lewis), and was found miserably short.
I would have to say that I am not disappointed at the outcome of this fight but rather comforted that an opponent of significant statue was able to expose where Cameron really is in the world of boxing. With regret I think I held Cameron in too high esteem, and so for the Cameron camp at least, it will be a time of soul searching and rebuilding. Although it would be quite the contrary for his formidable opponent David Tua as it seems he may be on track to realising his dream of an elusive world heavy weight title after all.
To both fighters I would say 'Kia kaha korua mo to mahi', and congratulations David Tua on an emphatic victory.

0 Responses

Post a Comment